Today is my wife’s birthday. She is a very special person in my life. If there is any improvement in me from my old self, it is because of her. Here are 26 lessons I learned as a husband. 26 lessons because it is her 26th birthday.
26 Lessons as a Husband
- Appreciate the food even if it is not the best, she deserves it for the effort and eventually it will be the best food after some time.
- When you make a mistake and she points it out, accept it. Don’t make her feel that you don’t accept your mistakes, she will stop pointing them to you which is more disastrous.
- You are the coolest guy for her, so don’t ask her if she thinks so. You are always her hero, no matter what – strive to be like one.
- When she needs you to call her, don’t send a text.
- Say Thank you to her at every opportunity. It is not a sign of formal gesture but of gratitude.
- Kiss her at least once a day
- Take her out often, at least once or twice a week.
- Don’t go to your friends alone, take her along with you. If the occasion doesn’t suit her, try not to go.
- Wish her on friendship day, as there no better friend than her.
- Wish her on Valentines day
- When your wife asks for your attention, always grant it. Give her your full attention, and instead of being annoyed at the interruption, be grateful for the reminder to spend time with someone you love.
- Cook for her at least once in a week. She will enjoy it even if it is just an omelet.
- Go for a jog with her, it is more enjoyable than doing it alone.
- Don’t hesitate to support her before your parents when she deserves it, she will never forget it.
- Be compassionate to her even it is her mistake.
- Your life is exceedingly brief, and she only shares half of it, make it memorable for her and it will automatically be for you.
- Ask her to explain when she knows something and you don’t. Don’t use google, give her a chance.
- Wish her good morning every morning, even when you are traveling away from home. She waits for it.
- Gift her often. A card written by you will be more precious than a gold ring.
- Always swallow your pride to say you’re sorry. Being too proud to apologize is never worth it — your relationship suffers for no good benefit.
- Pray along with her.
- If you are tired after a long day, so will be your wife, offer to cook for her or order a delivery.
- Disclose your debts to her, she is the best money manager.
- If you are in two minds, ask her for advice, even if she understands your situation very little.
- Make up to her for your absence when you travel away from home, she will enjoy it. She won’t complain if you don’t do.
- Her birthday is a special day for her, don’t take it lightly as you take yours.
You can also download the poster of these 26 lessons here.